Sunday, July 22, 2012

Newbie Blogger Blog Hop!

Hey Guys! Holy Bachelor finale! I was "Team Sean" and almost didn't watch the past two episodes.



Janis over at Grade Three is the Place For Me had a terrific idea for a blog hop for all the newbies! Since I am a newbie to blogging I thought I would link up! Janis came up with some get to know you questions so our readers can get to know us better. I'm an open book so here goes nothing!

1. What state you are in. 

South Carolina! I love the Palmetto State and my Clemson Tigers!

2. Your current teaching position.

I have taught first grade for three years in a small district and this year I will teach first grade at a new school that is closer to home! (I'm going from a 40 minute commute to a 5 minute one! Whooop!!!)

3. Your teaching experience:

I student taught in second grade (LOVED it!) and got a job at the same school! I have taught there for three years before making a big move this year! (I moved my classroom and my house all in one day...most exhausting day of my life! Thank God for Nick and my brother!)  I finished my master's in reading this past December and I am starting my early childhood add-on this fall! (I just got my third acceptance letter to Clemson...haha)

4. When you started blogging:


Early June (this year) when school was out and I hadn't started nannying yet! I had to do something to keep me from shopping!


5. Share a blogging tip/blogging resource:

Teaching Blog Addict has been a LIFESAVER! Anytime I need to know how to do anything (create button, linky parties, proper etiquette) I just go there and they have it all! I love all the authors because they are so creative and share amazing resources, insights and ideas! Not to mention Freebie Friday is now my fave blogging day!




5 comments:

  1. I am your newest follower! I am a new blogger and love connecting with other teachers!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower. If you get a chance visit my blog "Calling Plays in 2nd Grade".

    Shanell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    I found your blog through the Newbie Blog Hop and I LOVE it! I nominated you for the Liebster award. The Liebster award is an award for newbies with less than 200 followers. When you get a chance check out my blog for details and to grab the award! See you there!
    ~Tina
    Laugh Live Love Learn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad I found your blog! I also nominated you for the Liebster award! Drop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you joined my Newbie blog hop! I have had such a great time connecting with so many teachers and their awesome ideas. Congrats on a shorter commute!!! I shortened mine, too, and WOW! A whole new world opened up! :)

    Grade Three is the Place for Me

    ReplyDelete